Monday, April 25, 2011

My Drug Store Deals- Week of 4/24

I did pretty good at the drugstores this week. Here is what I got and how I saved. There are three things that I'm not happy about, and I'll post them at the end.

MF= Manufacturer coupon from paper

CVS:

Obsessed much? Yes, I went to CVS Easter morning! Lol! But I learned my lesson last week when I tried to get some great deals at Rite Aid and EVERYTHING was gone when I didn't go in the beginning of the week. I don't have any pictures for this one but here is what I got:

4 Dove Men+Care antiperspirant or deodorant- on sale for $0.99 (which is a great deal in itself)
Coupons: I used (1) $1/1 MF coupon, (1) $1/1 coupon from free Dove Sample from Walmart, (2) $1/1 printable MF (out of prints)
= 4 FREE deodorants!

2 Old Spice High Endurance 3-3.25 oz, Secret solid 2.7-2.8 oz 2/$5
Coupons: 1 $1/1 MF coupons
= 2 deodorants for $4 (I could have used 2 of these coupons...but only had one left)

Bottom line: 6 deodorants for $4! (and my husband now has enough deodorants to last until 2012 and beyond!)


Walgreens
This is my favorite!!



Transaction #1:

2 Splenda 3.8 oz boxes
1 Splenda 80ct boxes
Total before coupons - $8.97
Coupons used: (2) $3/1 MF coupons and (1) $2/1 Splenda coupon found here
Paid $0.97 AND receive $4 Register Rewards (for buying 3)
means they paid me $3.03 to take the Splenda!

Transaction #2:

2 Jelly Belly frozen pops (10ct each)
1 Fla-Vor frozen pops (10ct)
2 boxes of Capn' Crunch
1 package of Stayfree pads
1 Purex Fabric Softner Crystals (I LOVE this stuff!)
Total before coupons: $12.73
Coupons used:
(1) $1/2 Capn Crunch MF
(1) $2/1 Purex crystals MF
(1) $1/1 Stayfree
also used $1 Rewards from last week
$4 Rewards from Transaction #1
Total = $3.97 with tax!

So I got everything in the picture above for $4.94 AND received $3 Rewards for next week!

Rite Aid




This was an okay deal...what made it good for me was I had $10 in Up+ $ from last weeks cleaning supply sale.

Bought:
Veet Wax strips ($5.99)
6 tubes of various Arm and Hammer toothpaste (prices varied)
EOS shave cream ($2.99)

Price before: $23.95
Coupons:
(1) $3 in-ad coupon for Veet
(1) $2 Veet MF
(6) $1/1 Arm and Hammer toothpaste coupon found here
$10 Up+ rewards from last week

Total: 4.39 and I received $8 in Up+ Rewards ($1- Veet, $5 Arm and Hammer (when you purchase $10), $2 EOS)
If you take that into consideration, it's like they paid me $3.61!

My gripes:
  • So upset that I forgot to grab my $3 off $15 coupon (for taking survey) for Rite Aid! This would have made my total $1.39 out of pocket! These are on the bottom of your Rite Aid receipts. You go online to take a survey and then print out the coupon. ugh!
  • Upset that the prices are all different! It always seems like the blogs I read and get my shopping lists and ideas from always have prices that are a lot lower than my stores. The Arm and Hammer toothpaste is a good example. The prices were up to $1.50 more. One thing to keep in mind is to make sure you are really getting a good deal based on YOUR price. It's so hard to spend hours on working out deals to go to the store and find the prices are higher. Don't just buy it, b/c you have a coupon. For my deal the price SHOULD have been $0.97 for all 6 tubes (after rewards)...for me it was $3.97...making it $0.66 a tube...which to me was still a good deal.
  • Hate it when things are sold out! Again this goes with the "spend hours working out deals to go to the store" and find out they are out and my whole process is screwed up. All I can say is try not to get to set on your list and be open to changes.
Thanks for letting me vent!!

BTW, I use Hip2Save.com and Tia's Super Savings and Freebies to figure out my shopping lists.

No comments:

Post a Comment