Thursday, January 6, 2011

Keep your Phone Number Private with Google Voice

Google Voice

A few months ago I took a Sweeps 101 course online through Sweeties Sweeps (I'm a sweepstakes addict :)). One of the most valuable things I learned was about Google Voice. This is a way to get a free phone number to give out for all of your sweepstakes entries and for requesting freebie offers.

When someone calls your Google Voice number you can have it forwarded to whatever number you choose, I use my cell. You have to set that up in your Google account but it is very easy to do. When someone calls using that number the phone will ring and a message will tell you that you are receiving a call. The person on the other end will record their voice. Then you know it is coming from the Google voice account you own.

I really like the idea of not giving out my cell or house number. I even used it last weekend when I was selling an item on Craigslist and the buyer wanted my number to let me know when she'd be picking up the item. I didn't feel comfortable giving her my personal number so I gave her my Google Voice number!

Here is the link: http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

No comments:

Post a Comment