Tuesday, February 22, 2011

My "Big Win" today!


As some of you know, I'm a huge sweepstakes addict. I enter a bunch a day and haven't won much of anything. I read on other blogs of how people win all the time and are always getting UPS/Fed Ex deliveries with their winnings. I've been waiting for UPS to drop off MY winnings....and today I finally got my UPS delivery!

So...turns out the little box wasn't my long-awaited iPad. :( It was a bottle of Redken Nature's Rescue Hair Fragrance (retails on amazon for $15.49). Of course, my reaction was much like the dad on Christmas Story when he won his useless leg lamp. While I jumped up and down cheering, my kids stared at me like I lost my mind. Yes, this is something that I don't need...but it's a nice pampering item that on my tight budget I would never splurge for.

My point in blogging about it is that this was an Allure Giveaway I had entered in November. The first bunch of days every month Allure gives away a set number of prizes at noon. The first 500 on November 1st won the spray I won. Now you receive no email or other notice that you won...you just get a delivery a few months later. I did these a few times, but gave up thinking I never won. I'm seriously going to be doing these all the time now! I will post the details for March's giveaway when it gets closer...Good Luck!!

2 comments:

  1. yay!!! All that hard "sweeps" work paid off!
    rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you finally won something...now let's keep working on that iPad :)

    ReplyDelete